Monday, August 29, 2011

Is that your hubs t-shirt tied around your neck?

I have to confess that I am addicted to Pinterest!!!  I mean.... I have a serious addiction.
I have an app on my phone so when I have to wait in line... I pin!  When I'm listening to someone who bores the heck out of me... I pin!  When I am just driving riding in the car...I pin!!  You get the picture.  If you are one of the two people in this world who has never heard of Pinterest send me a message and I'll send you an "invite".  Yes, it is an exclusive club that requires an invitation.  Kinda like a virtual country club *wink, wink*.  Oh, Paw-leeeese!!  Pinterest is a virtual pinboard that allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web.  You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests.

As I peruse the many wonders and beauty of the cyber-world I stumbled upon this cute little project.  This morning before work I was feelin' especially creative (I swear it's a cyclical thing) and I decided to try it out.
All you need is a t-shirt and scissors.  I grabbed my hubs mowing shirt and started cutting.
the double chin is free!


sorry for the poor pix quality... I'm such an amateur!!!
I cut a few strips off the t-shirt in varying widths.  After cutting strips, pull to stretch.  The sides will automatically curl.  I looped them around my neck, added a little adjustable ring (a broach would work) and waaa-laaaah!


I don't EVEN pretend to claim this as my own creation.  I can duplicate but, that's where my talent stops.    Here is the link to the blog:  http://www.methodhome.com/blog/getting-crafty-hipster-scarves  The writer gives a much better tutorial that I have given.

Gap had 50% off this weekend and I scored these skinny grey cargos for $24!!!!! Makes me smile!

I can't wait to see you on Pinterest......Happy Pinning!!!

2 comments:

  1. How neat is that?? I unfortunately can't access Pinterest from my phone.:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Sarah. You can get it on your "home" computer!?

    ReplyDelete