Friday, September 2, 2011

Fun with Food

I have a group of girls that I meet with once a week who are like sisters to me.  For 9 years we have been getting together to laugh, eat, talk, giggle, eat, cry, eat and pray together.  We rotate our meeting house each week.  This week it was my turn to host.  Sometimes I like to get creative in the presentation of ordinary, not so impressive, snack food.  As I confessed in my last post, I have a strong addiction to Pinterest.  Here is just a cute little idea I found while browsing.  BACON and EGGS!!!  No, I'm not real crazy about the idea of serving actual bacon and eggs... like the greasy, runny kind.  But, these are so cute and fun to make.  
Start with stick pretzels (I used gluten-free cause I'm a nerd like that).  Grab some white candy melts.  I don't recommend using the white mint ones like I did... but, that was what I had on hand.  You will also need yellow M & M's.  

Do this....
and this....
Pop in a heated oven for less than two minutes.  Just give the candy melts time to become slightly melted over the pretzels.  Once they are out of the oven and have cooled for approx a minute add the yellow M & M to the center.  Waaaa Laaah!!!!  You have this:
and you get this!!!  ;)
Here is the original Bacon & Egg post I found on Pinterest.  She has a cute little spin on this idea using them for St. Pattys day.

Pinterest just might have changed my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, if "pinning" could just burn off a few hundred calories I would be 
Have a HAPPY Dance kinda weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment