Friday, February 18, 2011

Fridays and Firsts...

Hello Blogging World.... this is my first blog post ever!!
Since Friday is my hubs day off...I can't tell you how excited I am for a beautiful 52 degree day to spend with him.
Our day sorta took on a western theme, which we carried on into the evening.  I like to shop my closet with a little more thought than usual on days I will be spending with the hubs.  (My uniform usually consists of some sort of very "giving" material such as a t-shirt and yoga pants).  But, today is FRIDAY!!  For the second day in a row I was feelin' a little like rockin' the cowboy boots.  Old Navy had the cutest western-style-spring-colored button downs (actually snaps) on clearance for $7.97.  So cute!  A pair of jeans tucked in my cowboy boots, the lavender shirt, topped with a cord jacket and I was feelin' a little John Wayne'ish.
There is something about wearing cowboy boots that make you feel a little like "I could  kick some butt".  But, hey, I'm a whole 5ft nothin' and pretty sure thats a fantasy I'm living.
A few errands, car washes, dog duties, household chores followed by a shopping trip to Pier One to purchase a chair I have had my eye on and...........we end "western day" by watching the original True Grit starring John Wayne.  As a disclaimer I must add:  I am a chick-flick-romance-drama watchin' gal.  Viewing True Grit is my "gift" to hubs.  YeeeHaw, ya'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment