Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I am featuring the Baby Girl @ Dog Days of Single Life, on my blog today because this is a project we did together.  I loved the finished product and it was F-R-E-E!!!  "My favorite quote during the project was, "I have a stinkin' Bachelor's degree but I can't operate a sewing machine."


Here it is, enjoy:


"So, my mom has reeled me into her addiction of "crafty blogging." Today as i was "creeping" some other bloggers, i came across this crafty project that i couldn't pass up by @crafty texas girls. I had a plain lamp on my bedside table that i thought could be spiced up...soooo i stole the idea and went to town...after a little lesson on the sewing machine lol




I improvised and cut up a couple old pillow cases into 3" strips, instead of buying muslin as the orginal crafter did...and i mastered the ruffles...(sew a seam down the middle of the 3" pieces, then begin scrunching carefully so the thread doesn't break) 

 Before...

Can't exclude the helpers...

Then I used a hot glue gun to attach them to plain 'ol lamp shade..




 Alllll done :)"





Proud Mama....
This is the baby's birthday week!!!!  Can NOT believe she is all grown up...:/

No comments:

Post a Comment