Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's a Fluffer Nutter??? And Other Yummi-ness...It's What's For Dinner!

I found this recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad in one of Paula Deen's cookbooks.  I have been paying homage to Paula this week.  I feel a kinship since our little visit to Savannah last week.  So... this is what we had for dinner tonight.  A perfect summer meal.  And for my friends who eat gluten-free, like I try to do... this is a gluten-free meal.  It goes something like this:

I cut the avocado in half and used the shells to serve the chicken salad.
3 cups cooked, diced chicken.  (I crock-pot mine so I don't have to stand over a stove... not crazy 'bout doing that)
3 cups cooked white rice
2 avocados, peeled, diced, and tossed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to prevent browning
3/4 cup chopped onion (I added to chicken in crock)
1 cup mayo
1-2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (reality says, I didn't do this step)
Mix all ingredients and chill.  

Avocado Dressing:
1 large avocado, peeled and mashed w/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used the garlic paste)
1 teaspoon salt
dash of cayenne pepper
Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.  Chill and serve alongside chicken salad.

Take a look at this super-simple-summer-supper  ;) !!!!     Taaa-Daaaaa!!!


Really, I'm not all about being a recipe exchange but, sometimes I just gotta tell you when somethings GOOD, or EASY or... really sucks!

I HAVE to share with you a divine frosting recipe.   I wish you could just smell Fluffer Nutter Frosting, right now!!!

Use a little, like 7 ounces, of this:


And 1 1/2 cups of this:

Here is the complete recipe for Fluffernutter Frosting:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened... (I only use real, organic butter... but you do what you want here)
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Ok, friends.... it is super-easy to over mix this luscious cupcake topping!  My first attempt ended in the garbage because it resembled something of the likes of oatmeal.
Beat 1 1/2 cups butter (3 friggin' sticks!!!! whoa!!!) with the peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme.  On low speed, gradually add powdered sugar until blended.  Add 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat 3 minutes longer... on LOW.
I added frosting to a ziploc bag, cut the tip off the bag and piped it onto "home-made" cupcakes.
I gladly donated six of these "low-cal" snacks to the movers who were working next door.

Happy Wednesday Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment