Friday, March 18, 2011

Gone to Mayberry... Be Right Back!

When I was in elementary school (and beyond) I probably spent too much time watching TV while I was at work with my mom and dad.  I dreamed of myself in different environments such as Jeannie's bottle in I Dream of Jeannie, or flying around with The Jettsons, or hanging around with Aunt Bee in her kitchen on The Andy Griffith Show.
I have a friend who jokes that when things get tough he "goes to Mayberry".  A happy place!!  A place where the biggest problem of the day is what Otis, the town drunk, is doing.  Or who Barney was "sweet on" this week.  Or Opie's antics and "bad behavior" which doesn't EVEN compare to todays standards.
I need to go there.............like............NOW!!!






My uncle passed away this week and I am making travel preparations to travel out of state. I am traveling with family (5 of us) and will be spending the week with family (46 of them, I kid not).
MAYBERRY, here I come..................!!!!!
I will be spending the next 6 days living in a black and white movie.  Please don't reveal my coping mechanism!!!  K?

No comments:

Post a Comment