Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Such is Life... and High Maintenance {Pets}

Well, today has just been "one of those days".  A lot of busyness and running around just to accomplish little.  I like to feel productive.  No, I NEED to feel productive!  Why???  It's a genetic deformity.

Things I DID accomplish:

  • A massage and reflexology "therapy" (yes, I did say therapy.  This kinda "therapy" keeps me out of the other kind of therapy.)
  • The purchasing of a few cute spring items and a super-cute pair of sandals.  (TJMaxx wouldn't survive without my economic support.  It's a service I gladly offer to some of my fav's)
  • Lunch with the hubs.  Face-time needed occasionally!
  • Dentist... doesn't need any comment.  
In between lunch with the hubs and the dentist I ran home to tackle some trivial tasks i.e. laundry, bed-making etc.  (yes, I know it's late afternoon and my bed was still unmade.  It's a learned behavior.  It's taken me 23 years to "learn" that this is still not ok with me!)
I tried to cram in as many chores as I could in the hour and a half I had.  I am the queen of "I just gotta do one more thing".  So, I did, up to the very second I should have been at the dentist.  In the hustle to get out the door to the appointment my mind left me.  I ran out to the car, put on my Nascar hat, revved my engine and bolted out of my subdivision.  Got down the road, only to realize I didn't have my shoes on.  Yep!!!  That's right!  It is still officially winter and a balmy 39 degrees here in the lovely mid-west.  Of course, I turned my car around and took a victory lap around my block to return for the shoe.  With the dust billowing in my rear view mirror I made it to the dentist in record time.  Ahhh!  Did I mention I am punctuality challenged.  I have "I'm always late disease".  It's psychological... I'm sure (at least that's what Good Housekeeping says).  Probably need more "therapy".  *deep sigh*
A day in my life, woot, woot!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment