Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Things You WON'T see me do when I'm Old...

I am winding down my last night of vacation.  As I have been out and about in this beeeee-uuuu-tiful city one thing, especially, has caught my attention.  Elderly persons!!  I have witnessed some of the most bizarre scenes in this city where the average age is 82!!
This got me thinking.... will I be like that????  I immediately made a mental list of things I WILL NOT DO when I'm old:
I will not wear a thong in public!!!! Mean it!
I will not, I will NOT... do THIS!!! Promise!
I will not wear a bikini.... period!
I will not wear ugly, sensible, orthopedist recommended shoes!!

I will not wear a Tiarra... even though I feel I deserve one.
I will not wear glasses the size of my face.

I will not rub sunscreen on my comatose husband. 
These are just a few promises I have made to myself.............and...........my family!!!
I witnessed an event yesterday that I would like to add to the list but, failed to have a pix to give you a visual.  Let me paint the picture for you. An elderly gentleman -  driving a hover round  - with a lady sitting on his lap!! 
Do they really call these years "golden"???
Ahhhh!  But I really love it here!  I want to grow old, over-tan and wrinkle at this very place!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment