Monday, June 20, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance..... ummmm.... NO!!!

What a fun Saturday night was had by mi familia!!!!  We attended a wedding of my daughters friend.  Baby Girl just happened to be a bridesmaid and all involved in a week of wedding festivities.  The  parents of the bride just happen to rank high up as one of our besties, as well.
AIR GUITAR!!!  You're welcome!
I just happen to love to dance and have a good time with the hubs... BUT... I have zero, repeat, zero ability to keep a beat... (I originally used the word rhythm here... apparently spell-check and dictionary.com does not recognize this word.  And, frankly, it wouldn't be the first time that my use of the English language was unrecognizable.  It's genetic).  However, I tend not to let that little/well know fact keep me from making a complete and utter fool out of my bad self.  I usually wait to make my appearance until most of the other attendees have had their fare share of "libations" and have little concern for what the middle-age mama is shakin' on the dance floor.
After 16 years of dance lessons Baby Girl can R-O-C-K the dance floor!!!  And after 16 years of watching her dance............Baby Boy is not bad, himself!!!  My hubs is also quite talented with his "dance moves" and has a great singing voice.  I feel a little left out not having the "talent gene" and all :(
Oh well... at least I still maintain the ability to ....ummm.............well, cook, clean, balance my checkbook.!!
That's not really a "talent", I suppose.  Hey, I can say my alphabet BACKWARDS!!!  Take that all you talented people!!!

Happy Monday, ya'all!!!  The fact that I was able to weed my flower bed and do a little pool maintenance....all before 8 a.m.... in my jammies and without "controlling undergarments"......says, it's gonna be a good day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment