Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wedding Planning and Caramel Making

Well, hellllooo!  I dropped off of the face of the earth for about 6 weeks but I have found my way back to my computer and have a LOT of "randomness" to spill.  Betcha glad, huh? *wink, wink*

First off, my daughter got engaged on November 18!!!!
I'm certainly, positively, without-a-doubt NOT succumbing to the pressure of a two-piece-accordion-pleated-sequin-laden-mother-of-the-bride-suit!!!  That being said, I can't tell you how excited I am to have a new career as a wedding planner for the next 8 months.  Now THAT fits me perfectly!!!
I will try to chronicle the planning so I can be reminded in about, say, July....that this was suppose to be FUN!!!
So far, so good!!
Church.  Check.  Reception venue.  Check.  Hair appointments booked.  Check.  (priorities!!)  Guest list refined and limited to only the people we like.  Check.  Save the Dates designed and printed.  Check.  Realized budget was needed.  Check(s).  Bridal party chosen.  Check.  Mother-of-the-bride dress ordered, received, tried-on and returned.  Check. Check and Check.
Yeah, that's about all this girl can handle and still have Christmas gifts for my family.  Check back for updates.  We are going to do this "thang" with all the penny-pinching one can muster up.
Here is my first tip for saving money:  Etsy has beee-U-tiful, graphic-designed invitations, as well as "save the dates",  that you can download and print off yourself.  Who knew!!!

I know better than to do what I am doing right now but, I am doing it anyway.....
I made caramels this week and they are soooo yummy I can't resist.  Give them a try!!!
They do literally take 6 minutes, therefore, the name.

Six Minute Caramels
Five ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Directions:
Combine all ingredients
Cook 6 minutes, stirring every two minutes
Stir and pour into lightly greased dish
Let Cool
Cut, wrap in wax paper.

Give them a try!!!  Super easy!!!

Hope you all enjoy this time with your family and have a blessed new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment