Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Good Ole Days??

Another Christmas for the books.  2011 has been a year of changes in our household.  Some happy, some sad.

It was soo good to have my family under one roof this Christmas.  I will cherish those times, Lord.  I promise!!

I was feeling a bit nostalgic when I ran across this in my local Target parking lot:

You may be wondering why....???
Well, in probably 1979, my family drove across the US in a car JUST LIKE this... a brand new, burnt orange Thunderbird.   My mom, dad, brother, 70 yr. old grandpa and myself saddled up our "horses" and drove out to the Wild West.  Can you even imagine doing that today!!!????  I can't!!!  Three adults, an eleven year old and an eight year old!!  What the heck were my parents smokin'??
Ok, grant it, this car is the size of an army tank but not so roomy on the inside.
I can't even believe I survived this trip.  The only thing I remember is that my mom kept me heavily sedated on dramamine.  And for that, I thank her.

No comments:

Post a Comment