Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Transformation Tuesday and Spring Spruce Up

For" Transformation Tuesday" I am transforming my .... *drumroll*... boudoir.

I am a huge, HUGE fan of "before's" and "after's".  I don't care what the subject matter is... home makeovers, hair makeovers, furniture re'do's, wardrobe makeovers, plastic surgeries, weight loss transformations (ok, not so crazy about this one... probably envious, if truth be told).  Ok?  You get the idea.
Well, I have a "before" of my bedroom.
Please excuse the picture quality as I used my cell for this.  A good quality camera is on my "gift registry".  (I keep a running registry in my head at all times.  It works for me... occasionally!)
This is an especially attractive picture with the oh-so-bright glow of the ginormous tv that MUST be displayed in our bedroom.  Oh, I mean, boudoir!!

With Spring approaching, hopefully by JUNE, I get antsy to do a little sprucing up in the nest.  I like to change out the dark, heavy accents for the "springy" accents.  I'm a little over the bedspread and 261 pillows that are currently on the bed.  I am WAAAAAY over the headboard.  You probably can't see it in this high-quality digital image but, it is an iron/metal... or something of the likes, headboard.
Here is a close up image:

It is a pretty piece but, my problem with it is that the pillows fall through the slats.  It isn't so much a  "sit-up-in-bed-and-read" kinda headboard.  Or even a "sit-in-bed-and-watch-tv" kinda headboard.  Because 1/2 of this old married couple doesn't really even pick up a book.  Namin' no names, jus sayin'.
SO..........today I ordered this beauty to replace the not-so-friendly headboard:
I had it upholstered in a Natural Linen.  It is from ballarddesigns.com and is a total indulgence on my part. 

I then proceeded to order this bedding from potterybarn.com:  Monogrammed, of course!  I have never had anything monogrammed.  It confuses me with that big letter in the center.  I mean, how do ya know what order those letters are suppose to be in???  I really went out on a limb with this!  The good thing is that me and hubs have the same initials.  Works!

For the life of me I'm not sure what kinda lapse in judgement I have had.  This is the current activity that goes on in my bed.
If you are having trouble viewing this image it is two of the cutest Brussels Griffon puppies on this planet.  Reagan is mine (3 yrs old) and Rilee is my daughters dogdaysofsinglelife.blogspot.com and he is 1 year old.  They tend to get tuckered-out and need to crash in style.  Not just any bed will do!  I really don't blame them.  I'm kinda high-maintenance like that.  ;)

I can't wait to show "ya'all" the "afters" in "7-10 business days".  I swear I've been hangin' with this girl clark-clan6.blogspot.com way too much.............I'm now saying "ya'all"!!!!

On a side note...If my hubs reads this post it will be the first he's heard of this bedroom re-do.  If not, I have 7-10 business days to prepare him for the excitement that awaits.

1 comment: