Monday, July 4, 2011

Mid Life Road Trip = SUCCESS!!

I'm back from the Mid-Life (Road Trip) Mania... and am happy to report.............I..............SURVIVED!!!!!  I have to give you an accurately-detailed play-by-play just so you can feel it with me.
Now that I am back home and my fear of someone ransacking my home while traveling is put to rest I can share the trip route.
Our wild and crazy ride began on Friday morning bright and early heading to Chicago for some appointments.  Our first night was to be spent on Michigan avenue.  It was a cold and rainy day in the Windy City so we decided to move on further south.  We settled in Indianapolis on Friday night to receive a good nights rest in order to tackle some serious driving on Saturday en route to Nashville, Tennessee.
At about 4 a.m. hubs woke me with the words, "something's wrong, I'm in a ton of pain... I think I have a kidney stone".  My guess was that this was not something that a little tylenol was going to solve.  My first hint of this was the fact he was crawling to the bathroom!!!  Within the hour we were headed to the hospital and would remain there for the next 9 hours!!!!!  Sad start to a carefree convertible road trip.  :'(
Early-on.... all smiles... so happy, carefree!
Wind blowin' through my hair... :)
We have had a lot of practice with vacation mishaps.  Almost every vacay!!!  Our friends joke about the fact we should write a book on all of our vacation disasters. I have been the last one standing on at least one occasion while the other three fainted.  Try asking for medical assistance and help for, not one, but THREE people with a staff who speaks no English.

It is now our policy to book our hotel within close proximity of a hospital.  Seriously!!
8 hrs later....Over It... Kinda!
Eighteen hours later hubs passed a large, 3mm kidney stone!!!! Relief was received!!
The trip continued... from Nashville to Savannah, Georgia  and our final destination was Seaside, Florida.  The rest was uneventful except for the fact that I rolled my own arm up in the car window.  Aside from that... the story would be pretty much a bore!!!  If you're not already nodding off at the sheer number of words on this page... I salute you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you dear Vonna on posting the pic of the hair....didnt think you would have it down at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time & Doug is still in one piece!!

    ReplyDelete