Friday, July 29, 2011

Vacay Detox

Whewww!  How many posts can I start with the words 'Wheww'?

We are just back from vacation a trip with our kids.  It's vacation when we go by ourselves... it's a trip when we go with the kids.  Our "kids" our now 23 and 20 and it is much different to travel with them now that they are adults.  However, me and hubs, on more than one occasion, found ourselves saying, "it was much easier when they were little".  Now they eat more food than we do and stay up MUCH later, too!!!  On the flip-side, they can share in the driving responsibilities... OH, YEAH!!  A benefit of sharing this responsibility is we get to hear music at the volume of a night club.

I am officially on vacation detox.  Body AND mind!!!  My hubs and I (does it bother anyone else but me that I write in first and second person???  Sorry for that!  Not an English major) have traveled on six (6) trips in the last seven (7) months!!!!!!  *deep sigh*
Most of them have been for pleasure but a couple of them not.
When I travel I have every intention of exercising.  I take my workout clothes, dvd's and such to do just that.  I have failed to ever do this.
When I return home I find myself eager to get settled in, unpacked and back in workout mode.  However, I don't necessarily find it easy to adjust to the quiet.

Random:  Is anyone else roasting or dying of heat stroke??  It is HOT here and I am melting!  I like it though, I just need something to complain about.  If not the heat I will find something else.  I try to always have a back-up complaint just in case the original resolves.

Random:  I discovered a secret obsession while vacationing in the south.  Sweet Home Alabama!!!  WHAT!!!???  The Bachelorette with a southern twang!  Perfecto!!  I'm pullin' for the good ole' boys.  Maybe  the sentiment comes from the fact I married one.  Ok, well, not really.... he just sounds like it.

Thanks for letting me talk...

Turn the quiet up.... turn the noise down.

No comments:

Post a Comment